Monday, March 15, 2010

Hnnngh, I've been cursed!

So, as you could tell from my previous post, I made a kringel with pine nuts. Of course, I didn't use all of them, which means I've been snacking on the leftovers all weekend.
And...weird things started happening.

I had porridge for breakfast today, and it tasted like the milk I used was a bit off. Bitter. I ignored that and went about my daily things until I sat down to have lunch, which was pea soup and a garlic sandwich. Again, everything had a pretty strong bitter taste to it, the only thing that tasted like it should was the garlic. I tried to drink kefir, no change. I ate honey and it was bitter. Cookies? Same. Horrible.

Of course, when this happens to you, you get worried. So you google it. Taste disturbances are usually a symptom of brain tumours or diabetes. No. It's not cancer. It's pine mouth.

Wow.
I'm hungry but I don't want to eat anything, because the taste will come back and linger for an hour after I've finished my food.
According to Wikipedia, this can last for weeks.

Somebody put me in a coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment