Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spaghetti with sundried tomatoes and pine nuts or lament for Trehv

Something horrible happened on 14th of February this year. One of my favourite restaurants in Tartu closed its doors. Their food was affordable even to poor students, generously sized and unbelievably delicious. Their warm strawberry-banana crumble was to die for, but what made the strongest impression on me was this pasta dish they served. I wasn't a big fan of pasta before I went there, but Trehv made me appreciate pasta again. Tagliatelles with sundried tomatoes, peppers, carrots and pine nuts. Oh. My. God.
But now, they're gone, and their amazing pasta with them.

I had two choices - carry on living without being able to eat that amazing dish ever again or make it myself. Naturally, I went with the best option.

So here goes:

Pasta a la Trehv or spaghetti with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts:

120g (dry) spaghetti, boiled
200g mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp oil
6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp oil from the sundried tomatoes jar
2 tbsp pine nuts
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta as instructed on the package. While the pasta is boiling, chop the vegetables. In a pot, fry the onions and mushrooms with a little salt and pepper in the 1 tbsp of oil until done. Drain the pasta and mix it with the vegetables. Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and the sundried tomato oil. Cook while stirring for about 2 minutes or until all components are warm. Turn off the heat and mix in the pine nuts. Prepare to ascend to culinary heaven.
Makes three portions for a small person.



Yes, this recipe has pine nuts. No, I never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment